From: Rowena
Date: 31/10/2008 09:37:58
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Washing soda - toxic? No

On what basis are you thinking it is toxic?

My mother was against it because she reckoned it rotted the clothes in
clothes washing, but she used detergents which we now find have health
problems.  They were new then, and she would even put them in the bath.  Oh
well.

However, my grandmother, up in the farm in the mountains, used washing soda
to wash the dishes, and the water was then put in the slops bucket that the
calf feed was made up with.  I can't really think that it is particularly
toxic, then.

I did try to find out about it some years ago.