It should work as well as the unrefined coconut oil. Coconut oil
contains large amounts of lauric acid and it is the lauric acid that is
converted into monolauren in the stomach.
 - Steve N 

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernadette [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:42 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: CS>Mononucleosis and a 4 year old

I have Coconut Oil that I use for cooking for my husband and myself.  It
is Spectrum Expeller pressed Organic Coconut oil - but it says
"refined". 
Would this be what you use - I guess not since it says refined and not
raw. 
If you, however, think that this would have the monolauren in it I will
give him some with some fresh honey mixed into it.  Thanks for any
advices you can give me.

B.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Norton, Steve" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 12:20 PM
Subject: RE: CS>Mononucleosis and a 4 year old


Thanks. I have not yet used coconut oil in cooking but have been meaning
to get some. Looks like a good source.
 - Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Indi [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:55 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: CS>Mononucleosis and a 4 year old


According to some of the reports I've read, it is better to use raw,
cold-pressed coconut oil than to use the actual monolauren. The body
will get more usable monolauren that way. Amazon has the right stuff
here:
http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic-Coconut-Oil-54-Ounce/dp/B000GAT6NG/
ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1229014346&sr=8-1
It's a bit like eating coconut-flavored crisco, but I understand eating
just a spoonful or two per day will help.

Cheers,
indi

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:33:16AM -0500, Bernadette wrote:
>    Thanks for the info - could you please tell me where you purchase
>    Monolauren.  I am just now reading about it - and it seems safe and
may be
>    just what I am looking for to help Sam, my grandson.
>
>    B.
>
>    [1][email protected]
>
>
>      ----- Original Message -----
>      From: [2]Norton, Steve
>      To: [3][email protected]
>      Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:47 AM
>      Subject: RE: CS>Mononucleosis and a 4 year old
>
>      Bernadette,
>      It may be worth trying Monolauren. I remember reading a
testamonial
>      where it had cured Mononucleosis within a couple of days but I
cannot
>      re-find that testamonial.  It is effective against Epstien-Barr
viruses
>      of which I believe Mono is one. I use it with my 10 year old
daughter
>      when she gets strep throat and it clears it up almost
immediately. It is
>      also completely non toxic.
>      Good luck,
>            Steve N
>      On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Bernadette <[4][email protected]>
wrote:
>
>        Hello - My grandson was diagnosed with Mono today.  The doctor
said
>        his throat was really bad, however, Sammy only showed outward
signs of
>        a little fatigue. I have him on a regular regimin of "medicine
water"
>        and maybe that did help a bit.
>
>        Does anyone have any suggestions on how much or even if the CS
will
>        help him recover?  He weighs approximately 45 pounds.
>
>        Thanks for any help or suggestions.
>
>        Bernadette
>
>        --
>        The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal
Silver.
>
>        Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at:
> [5]http://silverlist.org
>
>        To post, address your message to: [6][email protected]
>
>        Address Off-Topic messages to:
> [7][email protected]
>
>        The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently
down...
>
>        List maintainer: Mike Devour <[8][email protected]>
>
>
> References
>
>    Visible links
>    1. mailto:[email protected]
>    2. [email protected]
> mailto:[email protected]
>    3. [email protected]
> mailto:[email protected]
>    4. mailto:[email protected]
>    5. http://silverlist.org/
>    6. mailto:[email protected]
>    7. mailto:[email protected]
>    8. mailto:[email protected]