I've always been a tea drinker, and starting in 1984 suddenly got those same
symtoms (maddeningly itchy, blistery rash on fingers) which eventually I
determined were caused by drinking tea. I was unable to find any brand of tea
that didn't cause the problem, and had to give it up altogether for a few
years.
Periodically I'd try buying some tea and drinking it, but the problem would
immediately recur. Finally, in 1990 I found I was able to drink tea again
without
having those symptoms. Always wondered if it was caused by some pesticide or
fertilizer used for growing tea during those years...

More recently I tried some organically-grown teas, but so far haven't found a
tea
which is organically grown and also good quality. One would think the two were
mutually exclusive, though I'm sure they're not. Think I will try growing my
own tea, and see how that goes. As I currently pay $45/kilo for my preferred
brand, I probably have nothing to lose but a little time...

--
indi