Sounds to me that this is just fine for initial CS making.

In this sort of setup, the positive electrode will get slightly black
and the negative electrode will get somewhat dark and build up with
fuzzy material.  Sometimes it is referred to as a "beard".  Some
people like to clean off the electrodes at a certain point and then
continue the brew for a half hour or an hour, etc, it is up to you.
Some say that you can stop brewing when the beard starts to form.  It
depends on how much water you are using and how well stirred or how
well the silver is dispersed into the water.

It does seem that 15 minutes might be a bit quick for that to happen,
but it also depends on how much water is used in your setup and how
close the electrodes are to each other.  Also, as you say, the
Distilled Water may not be the best, or there was a slight
contamination from your hands or soap or something.

Nevertheless, with a light gold color, and this setup, I would think
it is fine to use internally or externally.

Try lighting the water container from the back side while brewing.  At
some point you will see small "clouds" coming off the electrodes,
which will tell you that it is getting near done.  For this kind of
unregulated/unmetered setup, I usually shoot for slight yellow CS so I
know there is something there...

Dan