Thanks for the valuable information Marshall.  I was always afraid of boric
acid in the eyes.

melly

--- On Wed, 9/30/09, Marshall Dudley <mdud...@king-cart.com> wrote:

From: Marshall Dudley <mdud...@king-cart.com>
Subject: Re: CS>OT boron and borax
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 1:56 PM

The boric acid I am talking about is pure, a powder. For use in eyes you mix it
with distilled water. The strength is nothing more than how much you dilute
it.  According to this site
http://www.ehow.com/way_5195536_boric-acid-eye-bath-recipe.html :

"The adult strength eye wash is made with 1 tsp. of boric acid in 1 cup of
water <http://www.ehow.com/way_5195536_boric-acid-eye-bath-recipe.html#>. An
eye wash for children <http://www.ehow.com/children/> should contain 1/2 to 2/3
tsp. boric acid per cup of water.

Buy medicinal grade boric acid powder at a pharmacy or online. Avoid the
industrial grade powder used in pesticides. Use distilled water to make your
eye bath so it won't be contaminated with the chemicals and pollutants often
present in tap water."

Marshall