Yes, that should have been early summer noon day sun in a temperate or tropical area. The reason why latitude does not matter as long as it is not in a polar area is that that amount of sun will generate more than the amount the body needs, and the body from what I understand will automatically stop making the D3 once it gets enough ( presumably around 40,000 units). This also only applies to light skinned people, dark skinned people require much more sun.

Marshall

sol wrote:
Marshall Dudley wrote:
It is my understanding that 15 minutes in noon day sun will get you 40,000, so you can work from there as to what the body can safely handle.
I believe it depends on the time of year and lattitude.
sol