Can you tell me exactly how you are determining the total silver level, the ionic silver level, and the colloidal silver level? I do take issue with the notion that a colloid only contains particles that are over 1 micron. Virtually none of good EIS is over that size. A colloid is a suspension of particles of any size that is not dissolved or in solution. As such, no filter paper is going to remove a significant number of them, that would require would be reverse osmosis.

Marshall

Neville Munn wrote:
Sincere apologies for stretching this out Marshall but just as an example:
One result...Total Ag (acidified HNO3)=23.5mg/l (clear solution) 12.0mg/l was soluble (filtered thru 0.45 micron paper), now ignore the filter part cos that doesn't mean a great deal to me, in fact it means nothing to me due to agglomeration of silver during filtering process, so I'd like to work on the soluble part. AAS was incorporated somewhere in this sample testing also. That 12.0mg/l soluble part would obviously contain ions and particles, and some, probly most...? would be well within the smallest size which is deemed a *must have size*, however, the larger ones, the ones that STILL passed thru that filter, would have to still be bio-available. I am not so much concerned with that larger particle component as the other silver content will still be in abundance and still be somewhat efficacious. Literature I have read states "for a substance to be classified as a 'colloid' that substance should be no larger than 1000nm or 1 micron in size". Now couple that with the fact that I believe ALL the silver content falls WELL below that limit, and my visual observation of NIL settlement, you can see where I get my idea from, flawed as that may be praps, so if you can expand on all I have noted here it could be of some assistance to me. If a suitable explanation requires considerable chemistry details and equations then don't worry about it cos it would go straight over my head, I'm just basically wanting to know if it's possible for you to give me a SIMPLE reason for why my clear solution came back with such a close balance of ions to particles, and why that result seems to be at odds with some. Praps it's been said before at some time but if it's in chemistry language it probly went in one ear and straight out the other. I'll let you decide if a reply is worthy of the time and/or effort. N.