Salt in distilled water will give a slight amount of cloudiness. I suspect that it is the ground glass anti-caking compound that is typically added to table salt that is going into suspension. The trick is to use very little salt, no more than a small pinch. If you have ionic silver above 1 ppm, the cloudiness is much more pronounced.

Marshall

As an addition...I've just remembered the method for determining ionic content, a centrifuge is required, as this is one thing I failed to ask about at the time (mainly cos back then I didn't know that at the time) I don't know if was used for my samples...I suspect not. The salt test for ionic component doesn't add up to much for me either as the Distilled Water I use (even though it may read zero on a meter) still results in cloudyness, which obviously signifies something else is still present in that water BEFORE I even start production process, but that's something beyond my control I guess. Probly could make the effort to seek out or produce purer water but I don't see a need to be that concerned/precise or pedantic about it. Didn't mean to take up too much of your time with my essays, and appreciate your assistance Marshall, but I guess unless I have the availability of additional analysis equipment on hand I'm content with where I'm at for the moment...flaws and all praps <g>. Thanks and Cheers N. > Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:25:50 -0500