Lisa ,John,Dee and all other milk bashers;
  Since every one is different a blanket statement like that is not  always
true.
I have never had a mucous build up from milk. It's the only thing that makes
me feel refreshed, Not water or juice. I drink a tall glass with every meal
and sometimes in between.
 Back in the good old days about 45 years ago I was a heavy drinker. I was
snowed-in in Idaho for a winter and the tavern owner in the ghost town
(seasonal) left the bunker keys, where he stored the beer,with me as he
thought I would go into withdrawal and we could settle up in the spring.  I
never opened the bunker,the only thing I craved was a tall cold glass of
milk so I walked and skied 16 miles to a dairy farm and packed home two
gallons of milk,OH WAS that good!
Dave