Hello Renee,

100 pounds of sodium chlorite will keep you going for quite awhile.  However,
there are thousands of uses for it, so it may not last as long as you think.

A comment on safety...  A 28% concentration sodium chlorite solution is
dangerous to handle, and also has mailing restrictions.  You would be far
better off, and much safer, and not in violation of most mailing codes offering
a 5% concentration solution.  You can do everything with a 5% solution that you
can do with a 28% solution, you just use a little more.

Sodium chlorite solutions are considered stabilized chlorine dioxide solutions.
 The concentration of the solution is directly related to the available
chlorine dioxide in the solution.  The 28%, by weight, solution made with 80%
technical grade sodium chlorite is actually a 22.4% sodium chlorite solution
and it has 224000 PPM available chlorine dioxide.  A 6.25%, by weight, sodium
chlorite is actually a 5% solution and it has 50000 PPM available chlorine
dioxide.

In industry, chlorine dioxide is used to remove sulphur compounds from the air
and from solutions.  Since MSM has a sulphur component, as does DMSO, I would
expect some reaction between an activated sodium chlorite solution and MSM.  I
have not tested that specifically, but will put it on my list of things to
check out.  I have checked chlorine dioxide and DMSO, and DMSO acts as an anti
oxidant and reduces the concentration of chlorine dioxide.

What I find interesting is that DMSO and MSM have a small molecular weight that
lends them to easily penetrating the skin.  Chlorine dioxide has a molecular
weight about 15% less than DMSO (DMSO is 78, MSM is 94, chlorine dioxide is
67.45) so it also easily penetrates the skin.  Unfortunately, it is so reactive
that it doesn't get very far.

Roy boasts about taking extremely large doses using his MMS-Lite combination.
I can assure you that if there wasn't an interaction between MMS and MSM, he
would be suffering some side effects.  You can do a similar thing by adding
something like organic apple juice to a normal MMS dose.  I once took three 15
drop doses, mixed up according to the MMS protocol, in 30 minutes and suffered
no side effects at all.  I mixed each dose with some organic apple juice (the
label indicated that no additional vitamin C had been added).  When I later
tested a similar solution, the chlorine dioxide concentration had been reduced
to nearly 0 PPM.  As people were pushing to reach 15 drops three times a day, I
was sending emails to Jim Humble telling him to cut back on the drops and go to
fewer drops more frequently.  Eventually, many others also reported this to him
and he changed the protocol.

The average body can tolerate about 8 drops of MMS mixed according to the MMS
protocol.  Keep in mind that the MMS protocol is citric acid heavy and produces
a chlorous acid/citric acid solution with a PH of around 3 or lower.  At about
8 drops, there is a high enough concentration of free chlorine dioxide that it
actually makes it to the stomach or lower GI tract.  This is what causes the
nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, which is actually a mild form of chlorine
dioxide poisoning.  Chlorine dioxide doesn't last long inside the body (minutes
at most) but quickly breaks down to chlorite ions.  The chlorite ion has a half
life of around 42 hours in rats.  When dealing with chlorine dioxide poisoning,
you can expect delayed reactions to occur during the first half life reduction.
 This is caused by the chlorite oxidation reaction, and when the chlorite makes
it to the lungs, chlorine dioxide can be formed again causing respiratory
distress.

Now when you add sodium chlorite to water and get its PH below about 8, you
also form a chlorous acid solution, but the activation takes place over hours
or days.  The stomach acid can kick the activation up a notch, but it is still
a rather slow reaction.  Roy is adding sodium chlorite to his MSM solution and
that may actually offer some time release benefit.

I have spent over 30 years adding anti oxidants to my diet in an effort to
reduce free radical damage brought on by oxidation within the body.  I have a
very hard time with the idea of taking an oxidizing chemical daily.  It may
make sense under special conditions but its effectiveness had better been
verified for the circumstances.  I view MMS as a broad spectrum chemotherapy.
You may not loose your hair, but you most likely will suffer some oxidative and
free radical damage.

On the other hand, drinking water with 5-10 PPM available chlorine dioxide from
sodium chlorite has demonstrated some wonderful results in animals and people.
I am working with a research scientist on trying to figure out why.  She says
that it appears, upon first examination, that for some reason the sodium
chlorite/chlorous acid/chlorine dioxide solution seems to be acting as a
catalyst for the electron transport chain.  Then she carries on rapidly in a
language beyond my understanding with quiet excitement.  I think I am excited
by all of this, but I really don't know what is going on.  My job is to provide
accurate solutions and verify their concentrations through testing.

If I ever understand what is going on, I will be sure to pass it on.

Tom