Hi Sol,

Yes, CS/EIS could cause that colouration by splashing onto face , paws,
legs, while drinking, and the splashes could turn black as it dries. (
I'm not sure about silver colour? ) . And then it could wear off or wash
off in that time.

If spilled on the worktop and allowed to dry my CS/EIS turns a
brown/black colour. Sometimes the stain wipes off relatively easily,
maybe with use of a cleaning cream. Sometimes it it needs two or three
applications of a drop of H2O2 to remove the marks. I assume that if
there is a film of something like oil or wax on the surface then the
CS/EIS is easier to to remove.  Maybe something like that is going on?

In the interests of understanding argyria; how to get it , how to avoid
or prevent it,  and how to how to get rid of it.

OK,
Tony

  There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers
  exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will
  instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more
  bizarre and inexplicable.  There is another theory which states
  that this has already happened.
  -- Douglas Adams

Subject : CS>color change dog's paws and legs, would like o