It might be right, but that article is appears to be a lone dissenting voice in
a sea of contrary studies and personal experiences about the benefits of
optimum D levels.

---- Dorothy Fitzpatrick <d...@deetroy.org> wrote:

=============
Oh for goodness sake--what is going on?  Now I have increased mine and hubby's
levels to 4000 units per day and this article says you can actually be worse!
Has anyone (Brooks-help!) *anything* that can dispute this, because I am
rapidly coming back to the opinion that I should stop ALL supplements.  And
I've just sent off for the ultrasonic cleaner too!  Damn!  dee

On 12 Mar 2010, at 23:08, Pat wrote:

> I am 60.  I get over 2,000 units vitamin D a day in pill form.  I'm in the
> western part of South Carolina, USA at Latitude: 34.8525.
>
> Two years ago, I hadn't heard about vitamin D deficiency, but luckily my
> doctor made me get the 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood test and a vitamin B-12
> test.  I was astounded when my vitamin D level was 14.  So, the next summer
> it was 55, then last February it was 46.  I'm not taking less than I was last
> year, but I've not been able to sit in the sun as much, I guess.  I'm
> thinking about calling the doctor's office back and asking the nurse to make
> sure she read it right.  She was stuttering around about the date, then she
> just said it's normal level.  I said I need to know the number, so she came
> up with 25.
>
> I don't know yet how much it cost for the test, but last time I think I paid
> about $47 for it....but it was discounted because of the Blue Cross/Blue
> Shield agreement, I'm sure.  It's not cheap!
>
> I hesitate to take much more vitamin D, preferring to get it through the
> natural sun when I can.  This article turns everything topsy-turvy and I
> don't know if I should believe it.
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080125223302.htm
>
> Pat

Archives: