Oh that article would be good, thank you:)

Annie

Control your destiny or somebody else will.~Jack Welsh

Hanneke wrote:
I had been reading up on Vit D supplementing the other day, and now I wished I kept this one article. Will do a search. If I can find it again, will post the reference.

It stated that safe levels for supplementing are: 1000 IU per 25 pounds of bodyweight.

I take 6000 IU daily, if I don't forget. No need to panic now. There will be plenty of time to do that afterwards ;)

At 06:15 AM 14/03/2010, you wrote:
Oh for goodness sake--what is going on? Now I have increased mine and hubby's levels to 4000 units per day and this article says you can actually be worse! Has anyone (Brooks-help!) *anything* that can dispute this, because I am rapidly coming back to the opinion that I should stop ALL supplements. And I've just sent off for the ultrasonic cleaner too! Damn! dee

On 12 Mar 2010, at 23:08, Pat wrote:

> I am 60. I get over 2,000 units vitamin D a day in pill form. I'm in the western part of South Carolina, USA at Latitude: 34.8525.
>
> Two years ago, I hadn't heard about vitamin D deficiency, but luckily my doctor made me get the 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood test and a vitamin B-12 test. I was astounded when my vitamin D level was 14. So, the next summer it was 55, then last February it was 46. I'm not taking less than I was last year, but I've not been able to sit in the sun as much, I guess. I'm thinking about calling the doctor's office back and asking the nurse to make sure she read it right. She was stuttering around about the date, then she just said it's normal level. I said I need to know the number, so she came up with 25.
>
> I don't know yet how much it cost for the test, but last time I think I paid about $47 for it....but it was discounted because of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield agreement, I'm sure. It's not cheap!
>
> I hesitate to take much more vitamin D, preferring to get it through the natural sun when I can. This article turns everything topsy-turvy and I don't know if I should believe it.
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080125223302.htm
>
> Pat

Archives: