To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: CS>hypothyroid

Gina, the liver needs vit A for a lot of things including other hormones, and the reuptake of estrogen to deactivate excess and remove it through bile and urine. Better do some more reading on Selenium and why we take it

with Iodine, I think breastcancerchoices.com has a list and the reason for

each, or maybe it was the Iodine Gruop. I've read so much over the last year I don't remember where all my sources are. I have no problem at all with my thyroid hormones and I take 200 - 600 mg per day. If there were a problem it would have shown up by now. It also depends on the form of Selenium you use. You can find people to say bad things about anything. I read and researched the pros and cons, everything I could get my hands on really, before I ever started taking the Iodine.

Someone just posted recently on another group that high Vit C intake is bad for you. So you see, you can find bad info anywhere. The best thing to

do is dig for yourself and then you'll know. I'm satisfied that what I'm doing is good for me. I've done my research and I do my best to keep up with the latest studies and news about all this stuff.

Annie

Control your destiny or somebody else will.~Jack Welsh

sol wrote:
Gina Moore wrote:
Selenium can inhibit the conversion of T4 (storage hormone) to T3 (active
hormone).
I recently found a tidbit that may affect thyoid conversion problems for many..........T4 to T3 conversion does not take place when there is vit A

deficiency.
sol