Well I assumed it was silver parts per million parts of water Neville -
approximately that is.  I don't actually bother to test nowadays--I just assume
that when the Puppy turns off it is 'done!'  Ode said though - when I first
bought it, that my TDS reading had to be doubled and that would give the
approximate ppm as far as it can be measured in this way.  My TDS reading of
the distilled water that I do, is always 000 and that makes consistently clear
EIS so this suits me fine.  Once its 'done' it usually reads 8 so I assume that
this is what has gone into the water from the silver rods. Thanks for the info
though as I had thought that after a few days some of it may have disappeared!
dee

On 9 Sep 2010, at 23:33, Neville Munn wrote:

> PPM refers to the weight of total silver content expressed in mg per 1 litre
> of water Dee {assuming there's nothing else in that water} so it doesn't
> matter what *any* meter tells you, you still got 'x' amount of silver content
> by weight in that solution regardless of what any meter picks up on.
>
> My lab samples returned a ppm {*total* silver content} result higher than
> *all* my meters showed.  The silver content didn't go anywhere, the *total*
> amount of silver by weight in mg in the water was still there, regardless of
> what any of my meters read, but only a lab analysis told me exactly how much
> silver was present.  The *total* silver content is probly "closer?" to the
> real deal *immediately* after cessation of the brewing process when using a
> meter, standing time reduces the meter readings til a point of stabilization
> has been reached, and that reduction in reading just basically indicates to
> me how much of the ionic component has converted to particle clusters or
> whatever.
>
> In my experience, whatever a meter reads, it will be the *minimum* amount of
> silver present {again, assuming nothing else is in the water}.
>
> N.

Archives: