Dan -- I thought infrared rays go through
material........................???????????
MA

________________________________
From: Dan Nave <bhangcha...@gmail.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Wed, August 24, 2011 3:21:19 PM
Subject: Re: CS>slap tear/CASTOR OIL QUERY/ Infrared heat emitter

I doubt that you want anything between the infrared heat emitter and
your skin because it would block the infrared rays and defeat the
whole purpose of the therapy.  The rays should penetrate the skin for
deep heating.  Of course, you don't want to burn yourself either.
Don't know exactly how you control that.  It depends on the wattage of
the bulb, the area being heated and the distance of the bulb from the
skin (which would spread out the area being heated by the bulb).

Dan

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:20 AM, MaryAnn Helland
<marmar...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Nancy -- isn't it important to place a thick towel, or some kind of padding,
> between the infrared bulb and your body to prevent burns?
> MA (who owns one but has never used it yet)

Archives: