I buy my distilled water.  At the end of the day it is less of a headache
for me.  Double distilling takes quite awhile and is just more work than I
can deal with working full time plus.  Making my EIS is easy, set up my
jar, my water, the magnetic stirring thingy and my Silver Puppy.  Set it on
auto and swap and when I come home in the evening it is done.  I can easily
make a quart a day without trying hard and that is enough for our needs.
 Could easily do more if I needed it, but a quart a day is more than enough
for our needs.

I wipe them off with a clean white paper towel between batches.  I think it
is best not to use anything chemical or cleaning agent wise.  Make sure not
to get the oils from your fingers on them.

AND make sure if you have used anything to clean your brewing vessel -
vinegar, H2O2, etc ... that you really really really make sure to get it
rinsed clean or that will contaminate the water and impact the EIS.

Jaxi