 From: Mike Monett <mrmon...@pstca.com>
To: SilverList <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 6, 2012 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: CS>bacteria

"Kathy Tankersley" <babychicks...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The Dr. found a bacteria 'helicobacter pylari' in my stomach,  Right now I'm
>on anti-botic, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this
>bacteria.  And how CS would work on it?  I take a maintance of CS, but it did
>not keep me from getting the bacteria.    Thanks for your info
>Kathy

My post has not filtered through the system so it may have got lost. But I
would like to add this is a good reason why taking a weak cs is a bad idea.
All you ar doing is killing off the weak pathogens. The strong ones will
grow and now you have nothing that will affect them.

The same problem exists with antibiotics. The doctor will tell you to take
the entire prescription even if you start feeling well. It is the same
reason. The weak ones die first. The strong ones take longer to kill. If
you stop partway through, you let the strong ones survive, and now the
doctor may have nothing to fight the infection with.

The same problem exists with feeding antibiotics to farm animals. The FDA
is apparently looking into regulating this, but it is already far too late.
The antibiotic-resistant bacteria are already out in the field.

For this reason, it is important to have the strongest cs you can make. The
SilverCell process will produce a silver ion content in excess of 30uS,
even if you don't get the procedure optimized. The key is to use a very low
cell current. This prevents or eliminates the production of silver
hydroxide.

Normally, you must stop the brew when this occurs. This limits the silver
ion concentration you can achieve.

But since the SilverCell process produces no AgOH, or a minimal amount, you
can simply swap the polarity and continue brewing. This allows you to
easily reach 35uS or 37uS. There will be a small reduction after you put
the cs in the storage container. This will bring the reading down to 31uS
or so.

If the reading drops a lot more, you have contamination on the electrodes.
It is usually sulfur tarnish from automobile combustion. It can be very
difficult to remove, but I am having good success desulfurizing with a
titanium anode.

However, I am running into a secondary contamination problem that I am not
sure where it is coming from. So until I can determine the source, and am
certain it is not from the titanium, I would not recommend using it yet.

Thanks,

Mike Monett

Archives: