Hi PT
I also found some people were getting good results with their single distilled
water.
But in my particular case and also of some others too it had to be double
distilled. Maybe the distillers had a design issue where some of the solubles
were still getting through somehow? Until I had this problem I wouldn't have
believed it either !
Now I go to the extent of boiling the water first to get rid of stuff with a
lower boiling point and then I distill it.
I found that helped further.
Regards