Thanks, Nancy.  I have read that all yams are more nutritious than sweet
potatoes and if I have a choice would like to know how to discern.
PT

________________________________
 From: Nancy Winiecki <hemna...@yahoo.com>
To: "silver-list@eskimo.com" <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 1, 2014 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: CS>OT: Help! need IsoCort!

Does anyone know how to discern a yam from a sweet potato?  Thanks

The tubers you see in the grocery store are not medicinal.   The medicinal yams
are Dioscorea villosa, native to Eastern US and not that hard to grow, it has
heart-shaped leaves.  It's probably easier to buy some tubers from a reputable
source than to try to find it wild.  There is also a Chinese one, Dioscorea
batatas, which is tastier as an edible tuber but not as medicinal.  They both
make tiny tubers in leaf axils during the growing season which can be planted
to make new plants.

Nancy