I had an abcessed tooth a year or so ago.  I foolishly avoided seeing the
dentist, so, it gradually got worse and worse.  I ended up using my 'godzilla'
device which cost me $5 in parts and 5 minutes of my time to make to send 6
volts of direct current through the infected tissue for about 5 minutes.  Then
I reversed polarity and ran it for another 5 minutes.

That put an end to the infection.

6 volts is extremely safe as long as you do not send it through an open sore.
There is a yahoo group called 'microelectricitygermkiller' that explores using
low level direct current to fight infections, colds, flu, insect bites and even
snake bites.

The way this works is that the current sends trillions of electrons through the
affected tissue.  The human bady, it's tissues and cells is very resilient to
electric current if it's not excessive.  Germs and viruses are very sensitive
to electricity and are quickly killed when low levels of current are sent
through them.  When it comes to bee stings, snake venom and similar things, the
current changes the proteins to something not so antagonistic.

I've had good success with bee stings and also even poison ivy.
I'd tell you how to put all together, but just check out the yahoo group, or
search youtube videos and you'll find it.

Best of luck.

Steve