Thank you Marshall, for your review. There is also the concern with the
dose, while a certain dose maybe very harmful for a foetus, it may be
completely non-harmful for a being with larger size, even if the dose is
proportional to the size. Not every compound operate proportional to the
size of the individual.

However, do you have any reference to the claim that toxicity is from the
nitrate ion and not the other types of silver you mentions?

/André