Hi There Reid, from my own experience, when I used to travel with my EIS
generator I used to put it in checked baggage for exactly the reasons you post
!!!!!     It never got notice or stolen, if any of the baggage handlers, who if
they saw it, would not know what to do with it, additionally I never put all
the parts together in one place !!!!     As you say all the necessary parts,
except the sliver rods, which I carried with me in my carry on which were
placed in foil, were easily replaceable, I was a travelling sales person, if
one may say so, setting generators up for those who wanted them for themselves
and did not know how to make them or were too lazy to do so !!!!!
Peace, love and hugs
SandeešŸ¬
An Attitude of Gratitude is Everything
oha...@juno.com