Marshall,

It looks like we have revived "the dead horse" again. i.e.. Ag+1 vs Ag0.

I thought that the main burn dressing used by the MD's is Silverdine which is 
compound
containing Ag+1.

The Silverlon bandage yields ionic silver, Ag+1.

No one that I know of makes Ag0 except Frank Keys. Where are the anecdotal 
evidences
for its efficacy?

No one has offered anything but conjecture that Ag+1 forms AgCl in the stomach 
or
blood. Just wishful thinking.
A number of us have reported pain reduction when swishing CS (Ag+1 or a 
combination of
both) for several minutes
in the mouth.

Compounds of silver can cause Argyia by the same mechanisms that photography 
uses.
Apparently compounds
of silver are antibacterial, but not nearly as much so as pure silver metal in 
the
colloidal state.

What is the proof of this statement?

Your photograph analogy is flawed as they use silver nitrate, what other 
compound has
this property. The work done by Stephen Quinto shows that in vitro the Ag+1 is
superior.

I would guess that your CS is particulate rather than ionic. Send me a sample 
for a
free PPM check.

Since no one will every know which is best for what application I would suggest 
that
the MESS be dropped.

"Ole Bob" :-(  :-(