I was re-reading Rob Faigin's excellent book "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" yesterday, and noted his claim that shortly after tryptophan was taken off the market -- because of one toxic batch from Japan -- the product was made into a prescription-only drug for insomnia and tension.

I had not known about the prescription scam. It was evidently done very, very quietly. The result is that a safe, inexpensive nutraceutical is now a safe, expensive prescription drug.

Very convenient indeed. It is not hard to imagine something similar happening with CS.

JBB