At 02:06 AM 17/09/04, you wrote:

 Dig a shallow hole.
Cover with a sheet of clear plastic, weight the center with a pebble and
place a collection jar under the center.
 Solar still. Ground moisture as the water source. Some small vents along
the sides will admit moist air but too much will dry as fast as it condenses.
 Production will be highest in the AM hours.

Ode

Works all right. I was on walkabout with one of or the last Aboriginal tribes in Oz last century and gained a reputation as a Magician for producing water where the women said there was none. ........ Not real productive though, but could keep you alive. BTW: In a desert, you need to find some bush to put in the hole.
But they taught me some strange things.........
Another story.......

Him