Elle writes:
> Can some kind person explain tweaking?

Are you talking about my comment to Adrian earlier about the way people
have tweaked their silver generators to "improve" the product?

If so, I'm just talking about the 2nd or 3rd round of refinements folks
have experimented with, that may produce some minor improvement in
consistency, appearance, ease of use, and possibly effectiveness... but
that are generally about as important as a coat of paint to the
structural strength of a steel girder bridge. <grin>

Even the most simply made silver is effective, if done basically right.

Yes, polarity switching, various stirring techniques, timers or current
sensing automatic shutoff, or precision current control *MIGHT* make
things marginally easier to use, more consistent or effective. But the
person who has put a current meter in line with the cell and uses that
as a guide for when to shut if off, and/or put a simple resistor in
series with the cell to limit the maximum current density, will
probably get 95% of the benefits somebody gets who goes for *all* the
tweaks.

Of course I'd never argue that ease of use or consistency is bad, and
the better silver generators are certainly fine units, but if all you
want or can afford is a simple thing you put together for a little
money and tinkering, you'll get most all the benefits of using silver
without any more bells and whistles than that.

Is that what you mean, Elle?

Mike D.