My husband's herpes treatment protocol has evolved over the years and here is what he is doing now, which is the best yet:

As soon as the sore is noticed he starts applying 50/50 CS/DMSO on it several times per day with a Q-tip. In addition he takes 50 mg of a good B-complex supplement, 1 to 10 gm of vit C, 4 to 1200 IU vit E, 50 mg zinc, and 1500 mg of Lysine (500 mg 3 times a day).

The sores are dried up and forming no new blisters quickly, usually within 3 days. Completely healed in less than a week. If one starts when he is home over a weekend and can treat it with the CS/DMSO immediately and frequently it usually is completely gone in 3 days, if one starts on a workday, and he has to wait 10 hours to start treatment, it can take up to a week, but they stop forming new blisters and dry up right away in either case. I have heard of people using the CS/DSMO on herpes and gradually outbreaks became less and less, even finally stopping altogether, but that hasn't happened to my DH yet. He has only had 2 or 3 that have had the CS/DMSO used on them though. Before that he was using a combination of essential oils I made up, which also worked, but not as fast or as well as the CS/DMSO, and was a lot messier, too.

In the past when he got the warning tingles, before the nerves stopped sending signals, he could start the supplement regimen and stop a sore from breaking out at all most times.

Arginine stimulates the herpes so he takes Lysine whenever he eats high arginine foods, as a preventative. Nuts and whole grains and chocolate are all high arginine.
sol