My friend's late wife used Cysplatin, which is platinum based, I understand. My friend is English and he knew this drug was prescribed in his country. Japanese medical doctors were willing to try it, to their credit, though they don't usually use it. It was not helpful in late-stage metastasized stomach cancer. It is an expensive drug. I note that someone on this list observed that silver and platinum are both noble metals close to one another on the periodic table of the elements.