  From: Jonathan B. Britten [mailto:jbrit...@cc.nakamura-u.ac.jp]
  Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 7:52 PM
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Subject: Re: CS>C S and Bladder Cancer

  My friend's late wife used Cysplatin, which is platinum based, I
understand. My friend is English and he knew this drug was prescribed in his
country. Japanese medical doctors were willing to try it, to their credit,
though they don't usually use it. It was not helpful in late-stage
metastasized stomach cancer. It is an expensive drug. I note that someone on
this list observed that silver and platinum are both noble metals close to
one another on the periodic table of the elements.