sol wrote:

> Ole Bob,
> I don't know if you remember you told me to do the same thing quite a
> while back. I tried it and it makes my DW come out with a much  higher
> uS reading.
> My husband said "that can't happen" but it sure did happen. I did the
> experiment more than once. If it would be of any interest I can do it a
> couple times again.
> Any idea what could be going on?

Sounds like it is working to me.  Be aware that organic compounds tend to
reduce the conductivity of water, so that would mean that there probably are
some organic compounds that are getting blown off, and the purer water now
has a higher conductivity.  That of course is opposite of compounds that
ionize when dissolved like salts and oxides.  Water capacitors will
sometimes have something like ethyl glycol added for this reason..

Marshall