Ole Bob: How would one go about blowing off the first 5 min of distilling. On my machine you fill the tank and then turn on the On switch . That automatically starts the fan going and so starts the distilling process.  Thanks.  Ruth  Actually, with continued use of the machine, I am not noticing the kind of build up on the upper rods that I did when I used hard water.  Will try running some vinegar through again to see if the lower curved rod will clean up that way.  Maybe that rod is supposed to look whitish.  I don't remember from previous times what it looked like after cleaning.  Would the contaminents that would be"blown off" be harmful in the making of cs. ?  Will also try making only 3 quarts at a time.  Thanks, Ruth

From Ruth Strackbein

From: Robert Berger <bober...@swbell.net>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>distiller questions, was Re: CS>Unidentified subject!
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:16:35 -0800 (PST)

If possible blow-off the first 5 minutes of boiling and then route the steam throught the condencing coils.  that way is there are any organic compounds tha thave a boiling point near that of water they will boil off first and not go through your still.

"Ole Bob"

sickleave48...@aol.com wrote:
I have a cheap 1 Gallon water distiller and find it works best if do not fill it up.
I distill about 3 quarts at a time.

Bob

-- The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down... List maintainer: Mike Devour