A question to the Group,

BTW, you guys & girls are great, I always read what each has to say or
offer...thank you!

I'm a city slicker turned country boy 'bout 5 years ago. So I have a
well that we use for drinking water. We're lucky? Cause most people
around these parts don't drink their well water, seems they rather truck
in city water (yuk!), anyhoo I suspect they are uneducated about well
maintenance but not all. It is common practice around here to shock your
well with a solution of 15% bleach annually, just to keep the bacteria
in check. When I speak of bacteria I'm not necssarily talking about the
bad ones. The main problem around these parts is iron bacteria. Slimes
up your pipes, stains all the fixtures, makes your water smell like
rotten eggs.

I have a lab test done on my water every year for pathogenic
bacteria...so far negative...but I do have a slight problem with iron
bacteria. I have to admit, I did shock my well with 15% chlorine 5 years
ago and it did work. But now those little pests are resurfacing.

Seeing what I now know about CS, I was thinking about shocking my well
with 10 gal of 15-20 ppm CS rather than going the bleach route (yuk!).

Anybody out there tried this approach and what were your results? All I
can do is try.

I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences. Who knows maybe this
could lead to something more in tune with the cycles of nature for us
country folk.

In Love & Trust,

Francis

Up in Alberta, Canada