BRAVO Mike !  My sentiments exactly...which is why in the first place I said we
should be achieving Super Intelligence on an individual level....we are like
Andrew mentioned too Organic Robots.  I still find myself pondering on
Richard's last post however, I also find myself wondering does Richard know
that perhaps these areas of so called ' AGI Consciousness' already exist in our
consciousness we are just not able to access them yet ?  That includes his
'underground world'.

Candice> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: singularity@v2.listbox.com> Subject:
[singularity] How to Stop Fantasying About Future AGI's> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007
11:46:24 +0100> > Every speculation on this board about the nature of future
AGI's has been > pure fantasy. Even those which try to dress themselves up in
some semblance > of scientific reasoning. All this speculation, for example,
about the > friendliness and emotions of future AGI's has been non-sense - and
often > from surprisingly intelligent people.> > Why? Because until we have a
machine that even begins to qualify as an AGI - > that has the LEAST higher
adaptivity - until IOW AGI's EXIST- we can't begin > seriously to predict how
they will evolve, let alone whether they will "take > off." And until we've
seen a machine that actually has functioning emotions > and what purpose they
serve, ditto we can't predict their future emotions.> > So how can you cure
yourself if you have this apparently incorrigible need > to produce speculative
fantasies with no scientific basis in reality > whatsoever?> > I suggest :
first speculate about the following:> > what will be the next stage of HUMAN
evolution? What will be the next > significant advance in the form of the human
species - as significant, say, > as the advance from apes, or - ok - some
earlier form like Neanderthals?> > Hey, if you are prepared to speculate about
fabulous future AGI's, > predicting that relatively small evolutionary advance
shouldn't be too hard. > But I suggest that if you do think about future human
evolution your mind > will start clamming up. Why? Because you will have a
sense of physical/ > evolutionary constraints (unlike AGI where people seem to
have zero sense of > technological constraints), - an implicit recognition that
any future human > form will have to evolve from the present form - and to make
predictions, > you will have to explain how. And you will know that anything
you say may > only serve to make an ass of yourself. So any prediction you make
will have > to have SOME basis in reality and not just in science fiction. The
same > should be true here.> > > > > > -----> This list is sponsored by AGIRI:
to:> http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;