I have the latest Skim 1.6.7.  I thought that this version would fix
the fit problem but I can't figure out how to do it.  When a PDF pops
up I want it to fit to my window (which goes from the bottom of the
screen to the top) and then I want to be able to just scroll through
the pages since that is fast and efficient.  This is how it used to
be.  But now new documents don't get fit and I have to click on 'Zoom
to Fit' on the top bar.

Now I can't set it to do the fitting.  There seem to be at least three
places that are relevant, preferences has 'Open files' which I can set
to 'fit' (which did not help), PDF/Automatically resize and PDF/Use
Current View Settings as Default.  Oh, I forgot 'Zoom to Fit' on the
top bar.

I find all of these confusing and various settings with different
controls in different places don't help.

I have no idea what settings are controlled by "Use Current View
Settings as Default."  What are the settings being set??????
Could you show them?

I suggest that you put all of the controls in one place.

(Also "Automatically Resize" is difficult to work with - one has to
click on it and then THE WINDOW GOES AWAY SO I DO NOT KNOW IT WAS SET!
I have to click on PDF again to see whether I did set it or not.
Please do not make it go away when it is being set.

Help!!

Thanks for a GREAT program,

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.