castalla wrote:
> Okay!  I did warn about having a copy before taking a spanner to the
> works!   Do you think the start command in rc.local might work as a
> workaround?

Well i knew / remeber he doesnt care what i (others) told him to do and
we didnt know where and when he uses some routines to start LMS.
And every "other" way to start LMS (and other *big* routines/processes)
would make his system slower and each of the startups would log an error
in the logfile when it starts a already started process and after that
no one can tell why and where the problem comes..

I my opinion a spare sd card one for tests one another for the real
world should not be a big problem or bore a big hole in his pocket.

Gruss

Jan