Thanx to all who game me that little tip it is loaded now, but new problem is
during boot I get the following message

request_module[block_major]: Root fs not mounted
VFS: cannot open root device 03:08
Kernel panic....

my lilo.conf is as follows

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
default=linux

image=/boot/bzImage
        label=linux
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda8
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20
        label=old
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda8


the second image is basically the same as what was installed with a new label.

PMc

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 1:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Linux Sydney (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Image too big !


Peter McCarthy wrote:

> I've just recomplied my RH6.1 kernel and when I go to install it using lilo I
> get "Image too big" responce.
>
> I then recompiled loading everything I could as modules but no luck.  I must
be
> missing something
>

try this when compiling
make dep; make clean; make bzImage; make modules; make modules_install

Kevin

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to