On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 02:40:06PM +1000, Terry Collins wrote:

> May 30 14:22:49 owl innd: SERVER cant dbzinit /usr/local/news/db/history
> No such file or directory

This error appears if any one of the three of the history* files are
missing.

> At this stage, I'm thinking "hidden character error" is the only
> explanation and to blow it away and recompile.

Before you do that, have you tried running `makehistory'?  Once that's
done, rename history.n.dir and history.n.pag to history.dir and
history.pag, chown them to news:news and then start innd.  It should
work then.

Cheers,

John
--