On Tue 11 Jun, David Fitch made the following spurious claims:

> more than that: most places (especially ISPs) will block mail sent
> directly from dialup dynamic IPs.  It's a pain when you want to try
> running your own mailserver (as I did, and found out).
> As Mary says, you have to relay via your own ISP's mail server or
> else get a "proper" static IP.

Unfortunately some ISPs mail servers are rather unreliable...  If you
have that problem, you best bet is to find someone who will relay for
you via, say, uucp.  This is what I do and you'll never hear me moan
about my ISPs mail server being down 8)

--
Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.rumble.net

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor
and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect
each from the other.
- Politicians and Other Scoundrels by Ferdinand Lundberg