[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
during last weekend, I received several hundred of the the latest ms
'virus' emails, all about 100k, with about 7 different subjects. on Monday,
the flow slowed down, just maybe a hundred or so all day, and, I assumed
the worst was over, so to speak.

However, between Tuesday and Wed this week, I received in excess of 1,000
emails in say 12 hours, and, when I looked at it in the afternoon, I was
getting one new mssg every minute.

I had the same problem. It was all coming from one machine at cornell.edu so I put in a .procmail rule to redirect all mail with a header "Received: (from that machine)" line in it back to the complaints address I found on their web site (which otherwise wasn't responding when I sent them mail asking them to fix it).

After that the flood lasted another 2-3 hours then stopped,
all by magick.

I did get whacked with several GB of mail in that time
however, most annoying.

--
Del