James Gray wrote:

> Anyone know if there's any special disposal considerations for electron
> accelerators (tubes)?

I was under the impression that CRT glass was leaded glass and therefore
needed special treatment, and because there was an oversupply of it,
they were charging for disposal.

>  Or can I just chuck it in the glass section of the
> recycling bin?

Standard rubbish bin unless your council tells you otherwise I was going
to do kerbside pickup (4 free p.a) for the monitors I had until someone
decided they want to take them home to recycle the copper from around
the yoke.

When I consider the amount of metal I dispose of annually, it is a shame
that council doesn't open their recycling bins to a wider range of metals.

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}}
   email: terryc at woa.com.au  www: http://www.woa.com.au

 "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
  security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin