This one time, at band camp, Sebastian wrote:

> My question now is do I buy a VoIP router and hook my old phone on or
> is there another option? I thought about a hand set which connects to
> my existing WLAN. Is there something out there like that? Is it
> affordable? I think the link above is the right direction but I am not
> sure.

Everything I've heard about the wireless handsets has been pretty
negative.  Poor battery life, poor quality, poor performance.  Getting a
VOIP router or just an ATA to plug into your existing hardware still
seems the most reliable solution.

Get yourself an ordinary cordless phone handset and plug it into your
ATA.  Ideally your cordless phone should be outside the 802.11a/b/g/n
frequency ranges (DECT is good for this).

I have this setup with the Billion 7404VGP-M which has two phone ports.
I'm still paying the Telstra Tax (waiting for my ISP to offer naked) so
incoming calls work just fine, and it automagically switches to VOIP for
outbound calls.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because nerds travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly
 realized I was talking to myself."
- Peter O'Toole