On 13/09/17 07:22, Patrick Goetz wrote:

> All I have to say to this is: um, what?

My take has always been that ThreadsPerCore is really for HPC workloads
where you've decided not to disable HT full stop but want to allocate
full cores to each task and then let the code have 2 threads per Slurm
task (for HPC often that's the same as an MPI rank).

> So, moving to a specific
> implementation example, the question is should this configuration work
> properly?  I do what to include memory in the resource allocation
> calculations, if possible.  Hence:
>
>   SelectType=select/cons_res
>   SelectTypeParameters=CR_CPU_Memory
>   NodeName=n[001-048] CPUs=16 RealMemory=61500 State=UNKNOWN
>

> Is this going to work as expected?

I would think so, basically you're saying you're willing to sacrifice
performance and consider each HT unit a core to run a job on.

All the best,
Chris
 Melbourne Bioinformatics - The University of Melbourne
 Email: sam...@unimelb.edu.au Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545