Hi all,

I have created an zpool with ashift=9.
Now  a disk is out of service. And I try to replace with a new disk.

Unfortunately, new disk reports that the physical sector size is 4k. Some error
occurs when trying exec command “zfs replace”/ “zfs attach”.

[cid:image001.png@01D2132F.F04C7960]

I try to edit /kernel/drv/sd.conf and use update_drv to reload the SCSI driver
to force new disk report physical sector size to 512.
And it success on vms privision by vmware, but failed on physical server.
The difference between vms and physical is that, disk attaching to vms by
scsi-bus and disk attaching to physical server by lsi sas controller.

Any idea what / how can I debug?