Interesting.  Issue 727 seems to be what I initially thought you had here.
(See Intel errata:  SKZ7/SKW144/SKL150/SKX150/SKZ7/KBL095/KBW095 )

I suppose your BIOS might surface the problem differently.  (I.e, you
disable XHCI, others disable Hyperthreading.)

For what it's worth, we're seeing problems like this on Windows 10
desktops, across the Sky, Kaby, Coffee, GoJumpInThe- Lake family.
And they're causing *interesting* problems all over the place, mostly in
the network stack.  The fix was issued by Intel
right before the Meltdown/Spectre brouhaha, so it might have been missed in
your BIOS.  Have you updated your BIOS?

Also, I didn't see on this email thread:  Did you also disable
Hyperthreading?  Does you BIOS allow?