I've given up on the idea of any Illumos flavour ever running on my little
home server, so I'm planning to swap out the main board.

The backstory of this is that I successfully ran Solaris 11 on it
(encrypted ZFS -- I'm paranoid) and when I upgraded the BIOS (I know, never
upgrade the BIOS, but I was hoping to fix a NIC oddity) it no longer
booted. I found if I disabled all but one core, Solaris would still boot,
and I still run it that way, which is pretty unsatisfactory. SmartOS will
not boot whatever I do. All other unix-like OSes run fine across all cores.
I have posted about this on the list before, but to no avail.

I don't want to buy a whole new machine, so I need a Mini ITX motherboard
that'll take an i5 6400 (so 6th gen) CPU. Anyone got anything that's known
to work? The one that doesn't is an ASUS H110I-Plus.

thanks in advance

Rob