Hi,

I want to simulate an existing SNMP device, which supports both standard
MIBs and "proprietary" MIBs. I have planned as follows;
* I create a snap-shot of the exiting SNMP device using SNMP4J-CLT
* I write a SNMP agent using SNMP4J-Agent APIs (I refer to
Org.snmp4j.agent.test.TestAgent as an example)
* start the SNMP agent with the snap-shot as specified in
https://server.oosnmp.net/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1441804

I need clarification on necessity of using AgenPro for my work. I
understood that I do not need AgenPro for my work. Without AgenPro, I
understood that I could still perform SNMP operations on the proprietary
MIBs of my simulator. Is my understanding correct? Does AgenPro provide
any value-addition in this case? Pl clarify. Appreciate an early reply.

--
Regards, Narasimha Murthy
x825 | +91-96502-10355