I have a friend who once bet a guy he could run a mile in four minutes.
Thinking himself no fool, the guy took the bet and made a date to meet at
the high school track the next morning. Once on the track the guy said
"Ready, Go." and started the watch. My friend stood there looking at him.
The guy said, "What are you doing?" My friend said, "Let me know when it's
four minutes and I will run the mile as I said." The guy laughed, "OK you
got me, I'll pay you, but at four minutes you better run the whole mile." My
friend almost died. He hadn't run that far in years.

It is all in the format of the contest.

Tim