This topic always brings a chuckle to me.

Larry's idea is the only one (other than rolling dice or cutting cards) that
gives everyone an even chance to win with no regard for their skills or
equipment. If that's what you're looking for, that's the way to go. But who's
looking for that?

I've been to contests for over 20 years, and the best pilots, with the best
skills and equipment usually win, as they should. What would be the point of
anything else? Does winning a contest by luck make anyone feel any better? I
doubt it. The real benefit of contest flying (to me) is the comradery, the
sport, the challenge, and the competition (the thrill of victory and the agony
of defeat). I would never throw that away for a win of a "luck" driven contest.
The pilots that are better than I (and there are many), challenge me and push
me to fly better. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Hank

Henry P. Schorz
Executive Vice President - Chief Scientist

ACT Litigation Services

27200 Tourney Road  Suite 450
Valencia, Ca  91355
PH:  (661) 284-6401 x232
FX: (661) 284-7654

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
attachments may be legally privileged and confidential.  If you are not an
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete
the e-mail and any attachments immediately.  You should not retain, copy or use
this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
the contents to any other person.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.