Interesting Alberto!

There have been 9 messages today, from a mallet8...allegedly (or 
masquerading as) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. I have my defenses up here, so 
virii that shut down M$ email users pass harmlessly.

Despite that, I did not get a virii warning when mallett8's messages 
passed through the list.

The messages all appear to have contained an image, which I assumed 
the list software at yahoo stripped and discarded. On my screen, the 
messages appear as empty messages with busted links to images (that 
aren't displayed).

I wonder if any other list members got them?

I'd happily send you one to look at Alberto.

Here is the complete header from one of the questionable messages:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Persona: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Return-Path: 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Delivered-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Received: (qmail 6986 invoked by uid 118); 30 Jan 2006 12:48:44 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO ispcontrolpanel.com) (127.0.0.1)
   by 0 with SMTP; 30 Jan 2006 12:48:44 -0000
X-MessageWall-Score: 0 (ispcontrolpanel.com)
Received: from [66.94.237.56] by ispcontrolpanel.com (MessageWall 
1.0.9-test3) with SMTP; 30 Jan 2006 12:48:40 -0000
Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com;
         
b=uUvPwyjHlGCjm9BRkbaUaaEsn2LP6qHb+6htZpDL8+AOyjNn0+pVmno94rPFEU65gprL+Q37053invD8jRJyW4lcKo9ZFa18lllMmWwlXl/gInhNs9Sh89dKHmyNEngQ;
Received: from [66.218.69.3] by n27.bullet.scd.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 
30 Jan 2006 12:48:39 -0000
Date: 30 Jan 2006 04:48:39 -0800
Received: from [66.218.66.35] by t3.bullet.scd.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 
30 Jan 2006 12:48:38 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: groups-email
X-Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
X-Apparently-To: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 81285 invoked from network); 30 Jan 2006 12:48:35 -0000
Received: from unknown (66.218.66.172)
   by m29.grp.scd.yahoo.com with QMQP; 30 Jan 2006 12:48:35 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO comp4) (61.17.193.181)
   by mta4.grp.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; 30 Jan 2006 12:48:24 -0000
To: <[email protected]>
X-Originating-IP: 61.17.193.181
X-eGroups-Msg-Info: 2:12:4:0
From: "mallet8" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
X-Yahoo-Profile: janpier64
Sender: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Mailing-List: list [email protected]; contact 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Delivered-To: mailing list [email protected]
List-Id: <soft_radio.yahoogroups.com>
Precedence: bulk
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [soft_radio] Re: Intel Software Development
Reply-To: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
  boundary="----=_NextPart_1.68118000030518E-02"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I eye balled your message header Alberto (that did come via the 
list), and the questionable members post and your post appear very 
similar in format.

If no one else got the questionable messages from mallet8, I don't 
know what to say.

Regards,

Art

At 05:36 PM 1/30/2006, you wrote:

>Paolo Cravero as2594 wrote:
> > Sirs,
> > in the past 4-5 hours some worm/virus email messages have passed through
> > this mailing list.
> >
>What makes you think that they passed through this list ?
>I am the moderator and nothing strange has happened recently.
>Probably you have received mails that _purported_ to have been
>sent via this list, but the From: field of a message is one of
>the easiest to forge.
>
>There is no trace of undesirable messages in the archives of this
>group. I checked the type of your subscription, and you are set
>to receive individual emails. The fact that an email arrives
>in your inbox having this group as sender *does not* imply that
>it has actually been sent from the Yahoo group server.
>As said above, you cannot rely on the field From: to faithfully
>represent the actual sender.
>
>73  Alberto  I2PHD
>
>
>
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to